Level 2 Freediver
The physiology information provided during this course will dispel common myths of the average human’s diving ability and target specific practices to harness their full aquatic potential. The course will also troubleshoot depth-related hurdles and address possible injuries applicable to diving within the depth zone of 66 feet/20 meters to 132 feet/40 meters.
This class is a must for all enthusiastic freedivers/spearfishermen wishing to expand their knowledge regardless of the depth they are diving.
- Safety and Problem Management Revision
- Specific Techniques for Triggering and Developing the Mammalian Dive Reflex
- Breathing Exercises and Breathing Technique Development
- Physics and Physiology of the Level 2 Freediver
- Open-Water Freediving Technique Development
- Self-Evaluation Techniques
During this course you will use the following equipment:
Freediving/spearfishing wetsuit, long blade fins, snorkel, weight belt, weights (1lb & 2lbs), freediving computer.
Student learning materials:
FII Level 2 Freediver manual and workbook. All course materials are provided by the instructor at the beginning of each course.
Minimum age requirement:
Participants must be 16 years or older
3-day program. Minimum 7 hours academic work, 2.5 hours confined water training and 4.5 hours open water depth training (varies per location and class).